This workshop was designed for members of the Oceans community who use NOAA's remote sensing data in managing ocean life (e.g., aquaculture, fisheries), observing water quality (e.g., particulate and nutrient load), physical ocean properties (e.g., the biogeochemical cycle, currents), and planning and applications (e.g., sea level rise, coastal flooding).
This workshop gathered feedback on NOAA's environmental satellite data products through structured discussion. These user needs will be used to inform the remote sensing capabilities of NOAA's next generation of environmental satellites.
- Session Recordings and Materials are available through this link
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- 1:00 am - 12:00 pm EST: Plenary - Opening Session
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #1 - Ocean Life
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #2 - Water Quality
Thursday, November 19, 2020
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #3 - Physical Ocean Properties
Friday, November 20, 2020
- 11:30 am - 2:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #4 - Planning and Applications
- 3:00 - 4:30 pm EST: Plenary - Closing Session
This information is subject to change as the GEO-XO program develops.