This workshop was designed for members of the Fire Sector community who use NOAA's remote sensing data in the fields of fire preparedness, fire response, fire damage assessment, and fire impacts to critical infrastructure.
This workshop gathered feedback on NOAA's environmental satellite data products through structured discussion. These user needs will be used to inform the remote sensing capabilities of NOAA's next generation of environmental satellites.
Using Remotely Sensed Data to Manage Wildfires
View the YouTube video for an in-depth explanation of how GOES-16 imagery was used real-time in the Plains Wildfires from March 6-7, 2017.
Wednesday June 3, 2020
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm EST: Plenary - Opening Session
- 12:30 - 2:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #1 - Fire Preparedness
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #2 - Fire Response
Thursday June 4, 2020
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #3 - Damage Assessment
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm EST: Discussion Session #4 - Critical Infrastructure
Friday June 5, 2020
- 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST: Plenary - Closing Session
This information is subject to change as the GEO-XO program develops.